Search ONCE UPON A BEAT

Wednesday, October 14

ORB first Post

So I’m a big reggae fan, not so much dance hall but reggae has become my passion. Not just any reggae either, it has to be some conscious reggae. You know the kind of stuff that’s going to make you stop and say, “but wait a dat dem a deal wit”, you know the Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Queen Ifrica, and sometimes Buju listen to “Til I'm Laid to Rest”. I could go on and on but you get the picture. Now it has not always been this way, in truth when I came to Canada I won’t lie I hated reggae. I was like a lot of people I know, I would make fun or snicker when I heard some conscious reggae, but after seeing how much my little sister was invested in it. I decided there must be something to it and I started listening to it right away... I wish that was how it happened. It was more like I was upset that my sister who was not born in Jamaica, could listen to something that I felt was mine and love it. Even though I wanted nothing to do with it, I was still upset. So in the end it was more like a one sided competition; me trying to say I knew more about reggae then her, seeing if I could get the latest songs out of Jamaica before her. I can’t really say when it stopped being a competition and I started enjoying the music for itself, but I do know that it eventually became that. I was going to post Tanya Stephens “Do You” but I couldn’t find it on y0utub3, It is a really good song, listen to it if you get the chance. On a brighter note my back up song is a really good song too. My first post is going to be from Queen Ifrica, now no groans or complains just listen to the words and I think that her words are more universal it does not apply only to Jamaica everywhere you look people are dealing with the things stated in the song. It’s called “Keep it to yu self” off the Secrets Riddim, just in case someone is having difficulties I aim to please so translation “keep it to yourself.”
I downloaded some new music the other day I’m also thinking of posting some street dancing videos too some of them are really serious comments please.
O yea LAST THING if it is not on y0tub3 I am not posting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment