Search ONCE UPON A BEAT

Friday, October 30

My Fave Renaissance track

Yeah, some time last year, Q-Tip graced us with his presence in the form of an album.


The renaissance is a throwback to the styles that made him famous and has thought provoking elements, clever hooks and beats you can bob your head to while driving or (if your like me and my friends) riding a bus, making his album memorable to say the least. But(like Mos Def's recent release), just barely.

Anyway, he came out with a couple singles for the album that didn't get much play on TV (I really don't listen to the radio much anymore, so it might have played there) and makes his album an afterthought . So I was suprised to find he had released a video for his song with Norah Jones apparently like a month ago, Canadian media sux that way. Like the title indicates this happens to be my favourite track off that album and I like the graphics in this video, it reminiscent of the ones in 'Reading Rainbow'


SHOUT OUTS TO LEVAR BURTON!!!!

And with a tip of my hat, I fade into the back...

No comments:

Post a Comment