Search ONCE UPON A BEAT

Saturday, April 3

Brief intermission from exams

Someone please tell me that they remember this song.
This is a way back playback from De La Soul. I know a few of you might not be too familiar with these guys, but they are quintessential 90s hip-hop. I swear, I have been listening to this song everyday for the last 2 months at least, great video of a great song from a great album from great artists and I felt I should share it with you. De La Soul: Me, Myself and I

De La Soul - Me Myself and I
Uploaded by hushhush112. - See the latest featured music videos.
Here is something i remembered when i was looking for the music video

I couldn't find th exact scene from Good Burger, but this was pretty close. Such a jokes movie! I think that Good Burger was one of those movies that makes perfect sense during the time period, but anyone who watches it after or has no idea about the period doesn't get it  sort of like Top Gun or The Big Lebowski.

Moving on, there's this song I've had in my head for a while and the more I listen the more i LIKE it. This guys name is Captain Hooks  he's from Toronto and it's takin Canadian Hip-hop in a completely different direction here is his track Don't Stop and on a side note, something tells me Ahmed's prolly heard bout this guy. Truth be told, I heard this along with a bunch of other tracks back in November but because of how little airplay it saw I forgot about it until January. Basically, just another example of the American market devouring ours.
 


This last thing I stumbled upon and couldn't stop laughing after he said let's go get a lolipop and so remember this is Bieber's world, your just living in it. O yeah, you also need to see the skit Justin Bieber Screensaver

Bieber Takes Over from Justin Bieber
znd with a tip of my hat, I fade into the back

1 comment:

  1. I just booked a Bishop cameo in Captain Hooks video. dude was big in the early 2000s, Freestyle Fridays and Section 6

    ReplyDelete