Search ONCE UPON A BEAT

Saturday, April 17

Throwback Vibes

Finally an official music video for this track. You may remember this fron a few weeks back here's Aloe Blacc-I Need a Dollar. this video looks really good especially with the grainy cinematography that's very common when depicting New York City.


Let's keep with the theme of the oldschool vibe from new school cats. This is is a cat from Cali though, yes ladies and gentlemen  Mayer Hawthorne once again. I've hit y'all up with tracks from him in the past that I just couldn't get enough of ("Green Eyed Love Remix" and "I Left My Heart in San Francisco") Here is one more which is actually my favourite track from that same album titled "I Wish that it Would Rain". I Wish That it Would rain is the name of the song, the album itself is called A Strange Arrangement. This dude's shit is so dope, creative and original. Anyone interested in hearing more lemme know so I can hook you up.



Movin on to some more old by the new, we find ourselves once again visiting Brooklyn. I heard this guy about a year ago at Rock the Bells while he was performing as a part of Slaughterhouse, who themselves are not that bad. In any case his name is Joell Ortiz, due is dope and then I saw the music video for his song "Call Me" ft. Novel back in February and always intended to post his stuff and download, but never got the chance, Februrary was a hectic month, he was hard to download and March was just fucked.
Anywaaay I love his throwback vibe and swag that is reminiscent of early 90s hip-hop. Not to mention the horns in this song are dope, if they are not sampled from something in the 60s, it's definitley inspired by it.
Yo, near the end of the song, there is a guy in what looks like a New York Knicks jacket and a high-top fade. Doesn't he sorta look like Rakim?


Have you ever noticed how heavily hip-hop especially from the East (New York, Philidelphia and Chicago{which I know is more mid-west}) have horns in their music, a very industiral instrument in it's own right to creatively express the more industrial cities in our society. Sorry just me goin off on a tangent again, just be glad I didn't post Superfast Jellyfish from Gorillaz. I could write an essay based off of that song.

I'll be hittin y'all up after my final exam on Monday with news on Diggy Simmons, more Music and videos,

Alright, enjoy

and with a tip of my hat, I fade into the back.........

No comments:

Post a Comment