Search ONCE UPON A BEAT

Saturday, June 19

Kids Grow Up So Fast

For everyone who doesn't watch So You Think You Can Dance anymore (which I know is quite a few)
Justin Bieber released the video for his newest single "Somebody to Love" which is a single I been feeling for about a month and a half now cuz I could see the 'potential hit of the summer' quality to it, which is always good.
Now this track is actually a new remix featuring Usher (as if he wasn't making enough money off this kid, he's gotta try and get a single out of it) and this video is loaded with members of LXD (League of Extrordinary Dancers) and 2 ABDC alumn Poreotix and Beat Freaks. 
It's clear they went all out to get as much notarioty for this song as possible. When it comes to Kid Canada's dance skills, they aren't quite there yet clearly so he really does need the amount of dancers that he has in this video. The visuals of this video are quite superb  and quite frankly it's still hard to think that his first single came out last summer. Man, time really does fly.Plus, that random cameo by the black chick from The Vampire Diaries suprised cuz I didn't peg her as a dancer, but then reminded me of this corny trailer I saw with her and Marques Houston which is actually slated to come out this year called Boogie Town which has been described as You Got Served meets Underworld/Twilight (please excuse me while I roll my eyes in dismay).
The only endearing quality is that Brenda Song is in this flick and for the life of me I can't explain why I have such a massive crush on her. I digress, this video also features a bunch of LXD members which brings me to this next post for Step Up 3D coming out this summer. I probably won't watch this one just like I haven't watched the other two, but the dancing seems kinda tight ands the lead female looks damn fine.
I guess what I want to say is that, I'm really getting tired of seeing people dance, have been since Mike died. Dancing just doesn't really seem as good. Plus with the type of consumerism, they flood the market something just because it gets a little bit of attention, it's frickin annoying how they try and shove it down your throught like fast food or  food from The Mandarin because thhey hope that they filled you with enough to still be hungry for more 15 minutes later. It just makes me sick.
Ranting like that reminds me of the most recent single from virtual band Gorillaz called Superfast Jellyfish featuring De La Soul that broaches the subject well and are a lot more clever about it than I am.
 I posted it back when the album came out but for all who missed it here you go, it's the first song qued up.
Alright this concludes today's post and enjoy celebrating these videos or picking them apart.
I look foward to seeing what you say, if you have any video responses please show'em, they'd be greatly appreciated.


and with a tip of my hat, I fade into the black.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment